Today , the Xbox team released a mandatory update for the Xbox 360 dashboard. This free update, is now available over Xbox Live. There are no new features in this release, but rather a series of fixes and enhancements. Some of the items the update addresses are:
* Improvements to the Xbox Guide.
* Improved logic around deciding if saved games should be deleted and offer the option to only delete the profile and to leave all save data.
* Users reporting blank Friends List on the Xbox 360 dash after muting a friend while playing a game in Backwards Compatibility mode.
* Improved synching of games played to Web and in console.
* Network settings: keyboard does now allow entry of - (dash) character in the keyboard.
There is an auto update available for COD2. Here is the stament from the developer:
“Infinity Ward and Activision have issued a Title Update that addresses the player progression loss issues associated with Call of Duty 2 on the Xbox 360. The team is continuing to work on additional updates and we will keep you posted.”
When you sign on to Xbox Live with COD2, you’ll get the prompt for the AU.
some time after Major posted the COD2 update he posted this. he said it was from Infinity Ward and that it was posted on Xbox.com forums.
"Hello everyone! Now that our first Title Update for Call of Duty 2 has been certified for release, we want to let you know what to expect. The update that was released today addresses a save game corruption issue that affected player progression for some people within the single player saved campaigns.
In addition, we are pleased to announce that we are testing a number of multiplayer enhancements to the community, including addressing the lag issues. We are working really hard on these updates. Development is a timely process and we appreciate your patience. Infinity Ward is excited about your enthusiasm and support for Call of Duty 2 and we look forward to speaking with you soon."